Candy cane cream cheese did not exist before today.
Google the concept and see for yourself. The phrase turns up false narratives, like cream cheese cookies shaped like candy canes, or a candy cane-shaped Danish with cream cheese and cherry filling.
Delicious, yes. But candy cane cream cheese? For a bagel?
Here’s our recipe. For the more environmentally-friendly version, replace the small candy canes with larger ones (less plastic, but messier to crush), and use the rectangular box of cream cheese (unless you plan to keep the tub itself).
- 16 mini candy canes
- 2 T milk
- 4 T powdered sugar
- 8 oz (226 g) plain cream cheese
- Crush candy canes with a blunt object (a metal ice cream scoop works well)
- Beat milk into cream cheese with a fork
- Add crushed candy canes and sugar
- Mix until even
- Garnish with extra course candy cane
- Crush the candy cane as fine or course as you like, beating it on a paper towel rather than directly on the counter.
- For color, add some green sugar.
One thought on “Christmas Cream Cheese”
Super fun! And festive!